Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Making my diapers!

I'm experimenting with diapers. I'm making 4 diapers.
I found some chocolate oh so soft minky type baby blanket fabric 50% off. I'm making 2 pockets and two covers out of it...I'm researching (hands on CD research is so much fun!) the difference between fleece and pul covers and pockets with a decorative extra outer layer.

1 pocket with fleece waterproof layer.
1 cover with fleece waterproof layer.
1 pocket with PUL waterproof layer.
1 cover with PUL waterproof layer.

I have one sad problem though...the fleece I was going to use for the inner part to go against baby's bottom turned out to not be pure cotton...unless you can find the bolt to double check be careful of the fabric you buy from the 'end of the bolt' 50% off rack...any way even after extensive prep the water still balls up and runs.
So as I have no more money I got smart and found a soft jersey knit terry baby towel to use as the layer.
Here are a couple of pictures...I'll post more as I continue making them!



EDIT: Finished The fleece pocket and the fleece cover! They were easy but took a while!


Starting on the PUL next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Y'all! Glad you stopped by! I'd love to answer your Questions, here your suggestions, ideas, and see your projects!
Please keep all comments civil and on topic.
No soliciting.
I reserve the right to delete any comments that violate the above.