Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sacagawea BABY!!!

William and I took Gabriel to our local (old but Awesome!) park last evening. When we arrived I decided to put on the wrap under a pavilion instead of under the sun in the nasty parking lot.
There were 5 young men about 20-25 years old there all dirty and bedraggled laying on the concrete or the tables. They looked like they had spent the summer traveling around America in what ever way possible, (they were talking about riding coal trains etc.). We are several yards away, William holding Michael and Gabriel waiting simi-patiently (amazing considering his favorite park was only yards away) I start unrolling my new comfy Osnaburg wrap and start wrapping Michael.
I'm about half done when I hear one of the guys say "Hey Lady (I'm only 24 so I don't get called Lady often but for some reason I love it), I love the way you did that! That is totally awesome! It reminds me of Sacagawea," One of the other guys pipes in, "Yeah I was thinking it looked real native like," first guy again, "yeah you've got yourself a Sacagawea baby."
We laugh, I say something about how I and Michael love the wrap and it is so comfortable. Gabriel then gets very impatient and we wave buy and leave for the park.

*sigh* I love my wrap...I get such interesting comments about it!

Repeat action shot:

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you made your own wrap! I used a wrap with both my boys, but I just used the Moby, which I loved :) No one around here really used a wrap, so I got a lot of interested looks, especially with my first 5 year ago, now there are a lot more people using them though :) I'm impressed that you use fresh ground wheat, I'm still working on my husband with the whole wheat/grain. I did make a spelt bread he liked, so there's hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I am impressed! I like your blog, I am your newest follower. Glad to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Frugal: making a woven wrap is really easy! if you can strait stitch on a sewing machine you can make one! I love baking bread etc with wheat! But I haven't since DS2 was born!

    @ elenareviews: Thank you! I'm so glad you like my ramblings! Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Y'all! Glad you stopped by! I'd love to answer your Questions, here your suggestions, ideas, and see your projects!
Please keep all comments civil and on topic.
No soliciting.
I reserve the right to delete any comments that violate the above.