From the first time I shopped at DDG, during the spring of 2008, I've shopped for everything my boy(s) would need to remain clothed until the next DDG sale. With just Gabriel that was about $85 for just clothes in the beginning, and as he grew every year it increased by $10 people would charge more for larger sized even though they cost the same most places. But anyway, Go hear to read my past experiences with DDG...today I'm writing about how I organize myself before a huge consignment shopping trip.
*Understand my list is geared to the fact we only use a laundry mat and can't wash more then 1x every week to 10 days because of money so our laundry has to last all that time.
I make a huge detailed list...here is my list for tomorrow:
1) Shirts - small, 5/6
- 2-3 button-ups
- 2-3 nice T's
- 10 play T's a few hooded as G loves hoods
- 2 swim shirts
- 1-2 plaid
- 1 nice jeans
- 1 nice khaki
- 10 play (mixed kinds)
- 1 swim trunk
4) Shoes - 13, (This is the most flexible category, I rarely find everything I need and I'm ok if I find nothing, boys are exceedingly hard on shoes)
- 1 nice closed toed shoes (brown loafer type)
- 1 play closed toes shoes (tennis shoes)
- 1 nice sandals tan
- 1 play sandal
- 1 water shoes
6) Hats (Very passionate about sun protection and hats are an important part of that)
- Sun hats
- ball caps
1) Shirts - 24m/2T
- 2 button ups
- 2-3 nice T's
- 10 play
- 2 swim
- 2 Khaki
- 1 Jean
- 2-5 play (he will be in a diaper and t-shirt most of the summer, not concerned about him having a lot of play shorts except for outside play time to protect his diapers)
4) Shoes - ?
- Soft soled shoes to protect his feet while walking out side
- 2-3 Floppy sun hat
- 2-3 ball caps
- I have to decide between a double jogging stroller to get the boys out with me while I run so I don't have to run around Williams schedule, and a Gracco Nautilus that I've been wanting for Gabriel, Strollers and car seats are the quickest to go, this is the first section I go to if I need one or the other.
- Lego's for Gabriel
- Wooden toys for Michael
- 1-3 Nursing shirts/cami's
- Safety Gate
- Cabinet locks
After I finish my list I get my gear ready.
I need a 'shopping cart' I use a rolling laundry basket similar to this one
Only mine is short and squat, you have to bend over to pull it properly so I tie a belt to the handle:
I will wear Michael on my back in my Mei Tie...Which I STILL don't have a picture of!
I pack a small compact bag with diapers, another with snacks, apple, dried blueberries, chick peas, YUM! Hypoglycemia doesn't allow me to go long without a snack. I put my maawwvelous Lucky Duck pass in my pocket and I'm ready to go!!!
Another wonderful thing available is Duck out of line for $10, You get a basket to store your items and when you pay someone stands in line for you while you shop, the line can get up to a 3 hour wait VERY fast within the first 1/2 hour. This is a great option that I took advantage of before I could
volunteer the required 4 shifts for a Lucky Duck Pass.
Good night all!! I have a big day tomorrow!