Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P - Post Duck Duck Goose

Wow I am sooooo exhuasted!
I was up late (*cough* 3am *cough*), and Gabriel woke us up early at 7:30 am...for a grand total of 4 1/2 hours sleep.
I took William to school stopped by Starbucks and got myself a Venti Cafe Latte, a DDG tradition for me, and made it to DDG by 10:45, 15 minutes before the doors opened. The wait was short, esp since I got to meet up with a mom I worked DDG shifts with last year and we were able to catch up a bit.

I finally made it inside, and went strait for strollers and car seats, I didn't find a Gracco Nautilus but I found a double jogging stroller!

I was a bit disappointed at the CD selection, I mean it was great for anyone needing smalls or mediums but NO larges. I did find a swim diaper for Michael though.

The deals there are Amazing!!!!

I spent $299 on:

A double jogging stroller $60, Estimated Retail Value $200
Swim Diaper $3, Estimated retail Value $12
Melissa and Doug wooden Pizza set $16, Retail Value $20
Gallon Bag of crayons for crayon art $1, Estimated Retail Value, $30
25 Twisty Mini Crayons $1, Estimated Retail Value $20
All Gabriel's summer wardrobe $91 Estimated Retail Value, $225
    Best Deal: Excellent Used Condition - EUC Pixar Cars swim trunks $1, Estimated Retail Value, $20
All of Michael's summer wardrobe $63, Estimated Value, $185
Play Doh Fun Factory $4...retail price $22 - $30 depending on where you get it.
Play Doh Spaghetti Factory$4 Retail value $15 - $13
2 nursing cami's $8 together, usually $15 - $25 a piece
The Idiots Guide to Baby Sign Language $4, retail $15
Car's lunch bag $1, retail value$12
Veggie Tales party supplies, $1, retail value estimated is $15
Hot wheels plate and 2 cups, $1, Retail Value Estimated is $12
Crazy Monster plate, $2, retail value estimate is $8
Baby Bjdorn potty $5, Retail value $60!
Click Start my first computer, game cartridge, $3, Usually retails for $20
Veggie Tales Larry Boy and the Bad Apple, $3, usually retails for $20
I spy DVD, $3, Retail Value Estimated $20
2 Baby Gates $8 together, Similar ones I looked at on the internet were $32
Road Play Rug, $1, retail for a very similar rug is $15
Mini Kitchen, $4, I think it is the same one I saw at Walmart during Christmas for $30
Water ring sling for $14, When looking around the internet I didn't find any under $40

Retail - $1,081.00!
A savings of $782.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!

This is why I shop consignment!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I shopped as well as you. I would save a fortune.

    Great blog post and love the image of your two boys.

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it has taken years of practice and mistakes.

      Thank you, my boys are very precious to me.

      Delete

Hey Y'all! Glad you stopped by! I'd love to answer your Questions, here your suggestions, ideas, and see your projects!
Please keep all comments civil and on topic.
No soliciting.
I reserve the right to delete any comments that violate the above.