Sunday, April 29, 2012

V - Vaccines

Vaccines are a hot and heavy debate topic in the mom-o-sphere.
There are great points on all sides of the topic.
What is mine?
Mine is do the research, know what is in the vaccine and exactly how they work, know the side affects.
Know the diseases, the symptoms, the progression, the treatments and the % of the likely hood of survival, the mild to severe long term problems caused by the disease.
THEN and only then decide whether or not to vaccinate.

Here is a site with a list of the vaccines and the diseases they are meant to prevent.

I also read Informed Parenting, Danielle Arnold-McKenny talks quite a bit about Vaccines...though I will warn you she is very anti-Vaccine.

Peaceful Parenting Blog has some great article and resources, including their Vaccine book list.

My personal beliefs I've yet to decide wholly, but I'm in the middle of doing my own research.

Have you researched Vaccines? if so what are your conclusions?

1 comment:

  1. I've always been one million percent pro-vaccine. People in that vocal anti-vaccine minority today never lived at a time when many children used to die or be seriously maimed by diseases like smallpox, measles, mumps, diphtheria, polio, rubella, and whooping cough. My parents and grandparents could easily tell stories about how those are scary, potentially deadly diseases and not some fluffy rash or headache. I'd give up my natural immunity to chickenpox if it would mean being spared two weeks of the sickness at age 14, one year before the vaccine came out, and being left with the lifelong threat of shingles. It's really scary how diseases that were almost extinct not too long ago, like whopping cough, measles, and mumps, are now making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Y'all! Glad you stopped by! I'd love to answer your Questions, here your suggestions, ideas, and see your projects!
Please keep all comments civil and on topic.
No soliciting.
I reserve the right to delete any comments that violate the above.