Monday, April 30, 2012

X - X - Rated...books?

I have always said that we should have some type of  rating system for books as we do movies. After all editors etc read them through and should be able to rate them simultaneously.

The issue is I was far above my reading level, teen books were usually about romance or magic which my mom forbade until I was around 16. So I struggled finding any books I could read that were published after 1900, and were in any way interesting.
I was so afraid to check out a new book because I would get into the story then start seeing the story take a turn my mom would frown on and I felt uncomfortable reading so I had to put down a book I enjoyed.
I wanted a rating system so I could look for a book that was at my reading level but also had content my mother would approve and I would feel comfortable reading.

 I'm not sure how it would be done, but it is a wish I've always possessed.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Y'all! Glad you stopped by! I'd love to answer your Questions, here your suggestions, ideas, and see your projects!
Please keep all comments civil and on topic.
No soliciting.
I reserve the right to delete any comments that violate the above.