Tuesday, April 9, 2013

K - kangaroo mama for the love of baby wearing

Baby wearing is the practice of carrying a baby against your body by tying fabric around you both in many different ways.

The benefits of this ancient practice are wide and beautiful.

It fulfills babies and mommies emotional, physical, and psychological need for physical closeness. A baby's first experience and understanding of love comes from the immediate response to physical needs, that includes physical closeness to their mother.
The first 4-6 months of a babies life are called the 4th trimester. Because baby needs the same continual physical contact they had in the womb.

That need is still there up to 2-5 years and slowly dissipates as baby grows into independence and individual identity. I'm still wearing my 23 mo daily and will as long as I physically can and we both emotionally need it.

For information on safe baby carriers and safe baby wearing read my post from last years blogging challenge. http://leasenchantedcloth.blogspot.com/2012/04/b-babywearing.html?m=0

3 comments:

  1. I loved carrying my daughter when she was a baby. She wasn't fond of carriers, though. I don't know whether she found them too confining or what the issue was, but she could never seem to settle in them--which meant my arms got very, very tired! There are so many more options now than there were then--they probably would have made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really informative JoyfulJ. Thanks for sharing :)

    www.anythingimagined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to carry them around with me, until they got too heavy or when I was working around the stove. They didn't have the wrap carriers like they do today, so both hands were never free.
    Great 'K' word.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete

Hey Y'all! Glad you stopped by! I'd love to answer your Questions, here your suggestions, ideas, and see your projects!
Please keep all comments civil and on topic.
No soliciting.
I reserve the right to delete any comments that violate the above.